Event: The LED Learnership: How to develop an LED Strategy
Important Information for the LED Learnership:
How to develop an LED Strategy:
- The workshop looks at how public/private stakeholders and government organizations can be organized such that they can promote economic activity in a locality, as well as explores the need for funding to be the outcome of an organic LED process, and on the variety of available resources that can be mobilised for LED
- The module is principally aimed at officials who are working in local economic development (LED) at an operational management level. This includes municipal managers, LED managers, executive mayors and all those in the municipality involved in LED processes. However, as the material will be of interest to a much broader audience anyone is free to attend as long as he or she meets the entrance requirements listed below. The language used for the training is English.
- Participants who wish to be assessed must have Matric (FETC or equivalent qualification), and/or 5 years of relevant work experience. Learners should also be competent in Communication (NQF 4) and Computer Literacy (NQF 3). For those who do not want to be assessed there are no entry requirements.
- McIntosh Xaba and Associates (MXA) is accredited by the Local Government SETA as a service provider for this learnership. Our accreditation number is 14-224-112008.
- The MXA training venue at 195 Umhlanga Rocks, Durban North, KZN. Alternatively with a group of 15 or more learners in your area interested in doing the training, we could run it at a venue that suits you. Please call us to discuss the option that suits you.
- The cost to attend 1 skills programme is R5000 excl vat (this includes all learning materials, assessment lunches and teas during the training as well as learner support). If there are 3 or more people attending from one municipality or organisation a discount of 10% is given. If you decide to sign up for the entire learnership (i.e. 6 skills programmes) we would only charge you for 5 of these (though note that the former discount of 10% does not apply) which is a total of R25 000 excl VAT. If you would like us to run this training in your municipality, district or province (rather than attending training here in Durban) we can also do this at a greatly discounted rate. Please let us know if you would like a quote for this.
- Limited accommodation at the venue is available at Tudor House Inn R375 per night (including breakfast). Dinner available at R100 per meal. See www.tudorhouseinn.co.za, or call 031-5638927 / 072-5610961
For more information and application forms please find the attached.
24 May 2010 to 30 May 2010